That's really not a very slow connection at all. I'm pretty sure it comes down to your computer being slow. You might be able to just buy some more RAM (probably like $20-$40) and your computer would run a lot faster in general but that depends on how much the game uses and how much you have. A better CPU might be the only way to get it to run faster, which would be expensive.
I don't know a lot about it, or if they're already doing it, but I think if Magical Rooms used hardware acceleration that would probably help everyone run faster. If future games get more complicated it might be necessary.
Post by Blackthorn on Nov 17, 2010 10:31:51 GMT -5
I use a core i7 sony vaio laptop and got a good internet conection and i still lag while in a big group. When the bar start charging, other players are already attacking monsters. It's bizarre! When I finish loading, all creatures are already dead. At least we can get the loot.
@kan, Its ok. I suggested it for player who are new to the game (like me). In the beta, they have to understand what each stat do, so in the release they should have a chance to reset and re-assign it again.
I think by default flash doesn't use your video card (GPU), so your CPU has to do all of the work, and since you have plenty of memory I think a new CPU would be the only way to speed it up, which is probably going to be expensive. The newest version of flash can actually use your GPU too (called hardware acceleration) but I don't think Magical Rooms uses it. I don't know how difficult it would be for them to implement that, or whether the game could still be played by people who can't use hardware acceleration, but if Ocean Book and future games get more complicated, I think they're going to need to find a way to implement it.
Blackstone, a lot of people close the little loading window and start attacking before they can see the monsters. I don't like playing like that, but that's how they start attacking so fast. If the problem is everything running on the screen past where it's supposed to and the game snapping back to where it's supposed to be, then that is an internet issue for sure, whether it's your network, the server or somewhere on the lines between you two. The way my crappy netbook lags is that everything moves slow and choppy (mostly choppy) and the loading time for monsters is forever, so if it's a computer issue it will be something like that.
I'm actually not completely sure whether flash can even use multiple cores, so that would definitely hinder some of these new 4 or 6 core CPUs, but I'm having a hard time looking it up so I'll have to look more when I get home.
Not only Blackstone , many ppl does that too, including me.
I mean to close the little loading window to get chance to attack first, but I think thats fine cuz it didnt against the game's rule or spirit. and I did that only when I'm with players who have many magics, cuz if I dont do that I will have no chance to do dmg , which means no EXP. For me , its just a way to get more EXP , since u need to get high level to fight high level monsters in MR...thats why I think its fine.
and many ppl complain about they cant get any EXP cuz we attack too fast and we use magic a lot. but the fact is , if u can get more gems (magic) in PG , ur character will be more stronger in MR compare to others player who dont have many gems . cuz we dont need to spent too many status point on MP , for example , when i start play MR , i already got 221 MP , and i know theres many ppl have more gems than me like Blackstone , titan99 , Chrissy...etc
like I said before , if u dont want high level players to go in ur room and STEAL all ur EXP , u can press the button called "friends only" and delete them from friend list, or just like some players , they use something to block their room , so even if others can get in his / her room , but they cant fight cuz its blocked...
(1) We cant always just wait for those who are low level or lack MP to fight because everyone wants to have higher level and get items as many as possible doubtlessly.
(2) If you are annoyed of facing others using magic so seriously, you are able not to join with them or disconnect their rooms.
(3) Besides we can do what we want to do in our rooms, and at least make an agreements with friends that we can use magic before the monsters appear as much as you can.
(4) And...it seems reasonable to help the weak players. But i have a question - why should we share experience with others and we have to suffer from getting less experience? We are not liable or responsible to bear it because we do not commit crimes, steal or even cheat. Time is important to everyone and we just want to catch every chance. You can also do what we are doing. If you think you have only few magic, you can just get gems in PG before playing MR to strengthen yourself first.
(5) Moreover, when a low-level player stay with high-level players, properly the weak player has to fight very strong monsters. In ths case if we wait for that player, we may be definitely killed by those strong monsters before they die, especially the weak player. So can you tell me how we can help that weak player?
Last Edit: Nov 18, 2010 22:32:20 GMT -5 by Surreal
sometimes some low level players fight with me and i saw them killed by gyphon or chimera...etc by 1 hit only ! and...to be honesty , i kinda dislike some players ask me to fight with them just because they want to fight high level monsters. I work hard to level-up myself thats why i can fight high level monsters , if u wants to fight them like gyphon or chimera...etc plz work hard to level-up urself too. not just command me to go to which room or something like that...
1) this is a feed back post not somewere to complain 2) how people play is there own if people want to trap you dislike them if noobs follow you about kill the monsters i feel the real issue here is how everyone is going after EXP and not really stopping to socialize or anything its all you killed y monster and your in my room or got my item. its a social game people forcus more on teh friendships then the items
mirrormage - tumblr feel free to contact me! make sure to mention your from pg though